Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday: What Did I Read? The Start of Something Good

The Start of Something Good
By: Gracie Lee Rose
 
 
I love, love, loved this book. Jamie reminded me a lot of myself, even with a touch of hypoglycemia! I also used to work at a coffee shop. It didn't have a cool name like “I Like You A Latte” it just had something to do with the night sky and money ;-).

I also liked this book because they didn't go “Hi, I'm Jamie.” “Hi, I'm Joseph.” “Let's have sex.” It was a nice pace and they got to know one another.


Even though Jamie and Joseph seem good for each other, the one thing I didn't like about the relationship was the fact that Joseph had JUST broken up with his girlfriend when he and Jamie started getting together. That was the one part that seemed a little too fast paced for me.


Overall though, I really liked this book and I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.

Who is this book good for? The readers that aren't ready for a total romantic commitment and want to ease into someone's relationship.


Who should avoid this book? Anyone that what the characters to get it on RIGHT THIS INSTANCE!!!


Read it, you'll like it. I can almost guarantee it.


Rating:
 
      4/5


And now, my eye look inspired my the book:
 



1 comment:

  1. First of all, let me thank you so much for reading my first chicklit book and taking the time to review it on your site. I am most grateful to you.

    Second, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the rave review. You've made this author VERY happy! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Annika.

    Last, but not least, thank you for putting up the video of an eye color makeup that my book inspired you to create. I was so thrilled to know my heroine moved you to think of a coffee shop drink-inspired color scheme. How ingenious of you!

    ReplyDelete